Happy Birthday Kimberly! We had so much much fun at Kimberly's Adult Cake Smash. We believe its the only way to welcome in your 30s! After all, they say you are as young as you feel :)! Happy Monday and stay young! Go Kimberly!
Happy Birthday Mia! It feels like just yesterday your mommy and daddy proudly brought you in for your newborn session! It has been truly an honor to watch you grow up and I look forward to watching you grow even more beautiful! Enjoy your special day sweet princess!
If you’re preparing for a photo session with your children, you may be feeling a bit apprehensive. Children aren’t always easy to deal with, which is why the below tips will definitely come in handy before your upcoming photo session.
1. Don't make a huge deal out of it. If you're stressed out and cranky, your kids will usually pick up on it and act accordingly. Their behavior will usually be better if you are relaxed and having fun. You may have to make some compromises to keep the peace such as letting your energetic daughter's hair stay straight instead of curling it into because she won't sit still. Focus on the big picture and don't sweat the small stuff.
2. Make it fun. Let the kids have a couple “fun pictures” where they get to pick their own pose or props. You get to keep the more serious photos while they get to keep their silly photos. This way everyone wins. If you are struggling to get your kids to sit still, turn the photo session into a game. Simon Says usually works like a charm.
3. Be prepared. If you're going to be out for several hours, ensure that your children are well rested and have had their nap. Bringing some snacks and activities along is also a great idea. If you are having your own photos taken too then you might want to bring a babysitter or family member along to watch the kids. If you happen to be shooting in a remote location, you never know when you might need something like bug spray, tissues or a first aid kit so bring that along too.
4. Be patient. Save your sanity by trying not to control the photo session too much. Sometimes the best photos come from kids just doing their own thing. Work with your photographer and your photos will look fantastic.
5. Have a chat. Get your children talking to both you and the photographer about topics such as school or their favorite songs. This allows them to feel more comfortable around your photographer and will also give your photographer a chance to capture a few candid and cute expressions.
We have the honor of serving Rockwall, Greenville and surrounding areas! Our Maternity Experience is like non other. When you book with us, we will go above and beyond to make sure we capture art to be passed down for a life time. We love the idea of this sweet excepting mom Katie, being able to one day cuddle up with her baby girl and show her the beautiful album of this magical time in their life. The beginning of their special family!
My name, of course is Emelia Deweese and I am a photographer for Rockwall county, Hunt county and surrounding areas! I started photography years ago so I could capture my family in efforts to document my family and their memories. Now I have the honor of capturing so many families and their memories! I absolutely love it! One thing I have learned through my journey is, kids need to be documented. It builds their self esteem and instills a sense of importance. Today I took my daughter out to remind her just how beautiful and important she is and I am looking forward to hanging this picture on my wall so we can enjoy it for years to come. I invite you to join me this year in documenting your family and filling your home with memories to enjoy for a lifetime! Contact us today at email@example.com.
Where stories are told